/ talks, learning, research, misc.
Presentation: Negotiating Terms: Performance in Pakistan
– part of ‘Stepping Away: Performance as Practice in the Non-West’ symposium – a collaboration between Alserkal Ars Foundation and Warehouse421, Dubai and Abu Dhabi. 2021 – link
Essay Performance: Gardenfinds, Bagh-e-Sadia and Usman Saeed
– part of ‘Gardens, the Sky and Solitary Walks’ programme Alserkal Avenue, Dubai. 2021 – link
Tutor / Mentor: Forsa School module Writing as Practice
– educational and professional programme designed for art practitioners and creative freelancers; in collaboration with Sharjah Art Foundation and Naqd. 2020-2021 – link and link
Performance: reading in Fazil H. Mousavi’s performance
– part of Khadim Ali’s series ‘Flowers of Evil’ (2019), at March Meeting, Sharjah Art Foundation, Sharjah. 2019 – link
Talk: Publications of Resistance
– In conversation with Rasheed Araeen on art journals Black Phoenix and Third Text. March Meeting 2018, Sharjah Art Foundation, Sharjah. 2018
Advisor: River in an Ocean
– collateral exhibition of LB01, curated by Abdullah Qureshi and Natasha Malik. Lahore. 2018
Jury member: Imran Mir Art Prize 2016-17
Writer in Residence: Murree Museum Artist Residency (MMAR)
Murree – August 2016
Research Fellow: Zubeida Agha (1922–1997) archive
Lahore Biennale Foundation (LBF) inaugural research fellowship, in partnership with Asia Art Archive (AAA), Hong Kong. 2015 – 2017 – link
/ curation and collaboration
Research Curator: The importance of staying quiet – six decades of minimal art from Pakistan
– joint project with Umer Butt (Director of Grey Noise, Dubai)
Yallay gallery, Hong Kong – 2014 – link
Co-curator: within | without
– group exhibition in collaboration with indigo+madder
Asia House, London. 2018 – link
– group exhibition, Grey Noise, Dubai. 2018
Temporal Exchanges: East and West Pakistan Exhibition Programs, 1947-71.
Paper presented at:
– ‘Displays of Internationalism’ symposium at the Dhaka Art Summit, Dhaka, Bangladesh. February 2018.
– ‘Karachi Seminar: Critical Perspectives on Art and Education’ – seminar organised by Tate Research Centre: Asia in partnership with Habib University, Karachi, Pakistan. March 2018.
Campus Art Dubai, Core 3.0
Dubai, UAE – Oct 2014 – Mar 2015